I’m pleasantly surprised and delighted to have been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Raven at Raven Crime Reads. This is my first blogger award nomination and I really am chuffed to receive it!
I started my blog at the end of January this year as a way of tracking my reading and documenting my reviews. Since then I have met (online) dozens of fellow reading addicts and enjoyed comparing notes on books we’ve read and recommendations for others. I’ve also enjoyed connecting with authors and others in the publishing world, and tried books that I wouldn’t have previously come across. Blogging has enriched my reading experience and I hope that by sharing the books I’ve enjoyed I can introduce them to other readers.
The rules of the award state that I should share 7 things you may not know about me, and list 15 other blogs I find inspiring. I’m aware that some on my list have been nominated by others – I hope you won’t mind me duplicating.
7 things about me you may not know
1. I’ll read any scary/gory/disturbing book but can’t watch horror films.
2. I enjoy watching most sports but I just don’t get rugby.
3. I hate going on holiday (i.e. Package tour type holidays).
4. I’m (very) allergic to cats.
5. I have a degree in Business Studies.
6. My favourite quote is Billy Connolly “Before you judge a man walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes”.
7. I joined MENSA in 2004 but left when I found out there was a £40 annual membership fee (I’m not stupid!)
15 Inspiring Blogs
In no particular order:
Here’s what you should do if you have been nominated (and nobody has previously nominated you!)
Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
List the rules and display the award.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.